Robin has supplied many “talks” , workshops and full day forums to groups and can tailor something for your fundraiser or monthly meeting.
Here are some examples:
- University Women’s Club – Edible Landscaping. Food Self Sufficiency on the Sunshine Coast.
- Pender Harbour Garden Club – When Forest Meets Farm
- Powell River Public Library – Barriers to Local Food Security
- Powell River Food Action Network – several short talks and workshops
- Courtenay Public Library – Intro to Food Security
- Taste of Health – Edible Landscaping in Small Spaces
- Gabriola Island Public Library – Food Security for the Faint of Heart
- Iris Griffith Centre – Water Wisdom
- Texada Island – full day Microfarm forum
- Courtenay – full day Microfarm forum
- Duncan – full day Microfarm forum, half day Personal Food Security workshop
- Roberts Creek – two full day Microfarm forums
- Village Vancouver – many 1, 2 and 3 hour presentations
- Terra Nova Farm, Richmond – two half day presentations
- Bowen Island Garden Club – What is an Edible Landscape?
- Saltspring Herbal School – full day presentation – Cultivation of Medicinal Herbs
- UBC Farm – various 3 hour classes – Herbal Medicine Making, Food Security,
- Langara College– various part to full day classes – Edible Landscaping, Food Security
Short speaking engagements within a small radius of her home in Roberts Creek (on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia) can be easily arranged on a sliding scale. For engagements off of the Sunshine Coast, we require the host to provide the following:
- $300 minimum fee (Vancouver area)
- transportation costs for Robin between the venue, accommodation (if applicable) and Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal in West Vancouver
- any other costs incidental to the speaking engagements (meals during event, admission costs)
- comfortable lodging, if an overnight stay in your community is required
- a helper to organize book sales or advertising if a large crowd is expected
- If your organization can afford to offer enhanced compensation, or will be making a profit from the evening, we ask that you consider providing a further donation to the Sustainable Living Arts School . These speaking engagements are a major source of financial support and the more Robin can earn, the better off her teaching farm will be. She is cooperative, engaging and entertaining and can raise awareness and excitement about environmental issues for your community or organization.
Some costing options – your community can arrange two events – one event of approximately 25 people for a $10 door charge, and a more intense or hands on event at $25 per student for a smaller group of 10.